Occupation and residence permits

With a 100% success rate in our applications for occupation and residence permits, we have the experience and competences to advise you.

For your relocation to Mauritius, you can choose between the different occupation or residence permits. In collaboration with our preferred partner expert in the field, we advise you on the one that suits you best, and accompany you in the steps that result from this choice. The different permits are:


You are authorised to start your own company in Mauritius. However, your business will have to generate an annual turnover exceeding Rs 600,000 per year for the first 2 years, with an initial investment of US$ 35 000. From the 3rd year, your company will have to generate an annual turnover of Rs 1,200,000.


To settle professionally in Mauritius, you will have to receive a basic monthly salary higher than Rs 60,000. For the Information Technologies and Communication (ICT) sector, however, it should exceed Rs 30,000 per month.


To obtain an investor permit, your business activity should generate annual sales exceeding Rs 4 million per year, with an initial investment of US$ 100,000 per investor.

This condition is applicable to each additional applicant for the same company. The latter should generate over Rs 8 million in annual turnover for two applicants, Rs 12 million for three applicants, and so on.

Retired non-citizen

To enjoy your retirement under the tropical sunlight, you will have to meet certain criteria. You must be at least 50 years old and be able to transfer an amount of US$ 30,000 per year to a bank account in Mauritius. You will obtain a residence permit valid for 3 years, with the possibility to be extended for 10 years.

Permanent residence permit

To live more than 6 months in Mauritius (residence limited between 2 and 6 months, depending on your nationality), you must obtain a permanent residence permit. The only way to obtain such permit is to invest more than US$ 375,000 in the acquisition of real estate (under the IRS, RES or PDS scheme). Your spouse and children under 24 years old will also receive a residence permit. It is important to note that the permit remains valid as long as you remain the owner of your property.


As part of obtaining your permit, our team advises and accompanies you:

  • In exchanges with the Economic Development Board (EDB)
  • For the preparation and follow-up of the file(s) with the relevant authorities
  • For the collection or filing of documents relating to the file(s)
  • For any other request related to obtaining the permit


These information are provided for information purposes only. They is not intended to provide, and should not be used for, tax or legal advice. We may put you in contact with tax and legal advisers in this regard.
Although all information and opinions contained herein have been compiled from sources believed to be reliable and trustworthy, no representation or warranty, express or implied, is made as to their accuracy or completeness.
PLEION Real Estat Ltd accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the use and reliance on the information published in this article.
For more information, please see our terms and conditions.


    Get in touch